Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just a Little Girl's Love of Dolls

Not being one much for introductions, mostly because I never know what to say, here is me in a nutshell.

I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 12 1/2 years and together for almost 17. I am 33 years old and we have no children but are owned by two cats. Dimples, short haired gray tabby, who is a daddy's girl and sweet only when she wants to be otherwise she is a horrid bully. Moose is bigger but younger by two years, black & white long-hair ball of fluff, who has the adorable personality to convince most people that he was a girl. Dimples was originally supposed to be my cat and Moose (often called Mr. Moose-Moose) was to be for my husband. The cats had completely different ideas. Dimples is blatantly jealous when she has to endure the fact that she is not the only female in her daddy's life, and Moose is like an extra fuzzy teddy bear who decided that I'm his mommy and he doesn't need anyone other than that.

The remainder of our family consists of 10 American Girl dolls, 2 EB Mini boys (by Volks), Mini Dollfie Dream, Dollfie Dream White Skin, and a partial Dollfie Dream Sister. The last three will be arriving tomorrow with much expectation on both my and my husband's part. I will post about them individually later along with some of their stuffed animal cohorts.

As a kid I always loved stories, and when I got older my dolls and stuffed animals helped me remember how happy the stories made me, eventually developing into their own little people. They help me remember who I was, who I had hoped to be, and often can let me be whoever I wanted to be through them. Even as a little girl I knew that a girl's connection with her dolls was a special one, and that has become even more true the older I've gotten and still have my childhood friends right by my side.

~Sister Kyoya

No comments:

Post a Comment