Saturday, November 17, 2012

[Story] Gifts for Tamayuki


(Originally posted March 8, 2012 on the Dollfie Dreams forums)


"Then we went out for ice cream and they put it on a doughnut! I'm not supposed to tell, but Yuriko ate two."


"It was hard climbing back into the box because the tape is really sticky. Rainie stayed behind to make sure they didn't ship the box without us. We promised to take her out for ice cream once she had the rest of her body." Tamayuki was telling his dolly about the trip he had with his new sisters when they were on their way home for their adoption.


"Tamayuki, I have a present for you." His mommy smiled at him with her hands behind her back.


"For me?" Shy Tamayuki looked surprised.


"Yep, just for you. Now close your eyes!"


When dolly heard the boxes being placed on the table he couldn't contain his excitement, even though the gifts weren't for him.

"I want to open this one!" he energetically exclaimed.


"The boxes are so big mommy! The bow is very pretty."

"Now, how do I get this open?" The little man searched for a way to get the package to reveal it's secret.


"Are these really all for me?" His mommy nodded at him happily.

"There must be a latch, or a button, or something..." Dolly grumbled to himself.


"Let me help you with that Tamayuki." Excited over what was in the presents, dolly forgot about the box he had been examining.


"What are these?"

"OOF!" The lid was too heavy for the small man and knocked him over.


"Green stripies, just like a watermelon!"

"Hey! Careful with heavy things like that!"


"How dare you fall on me." With all of his strength, the man went after the guiltless box top.


"Little dinorawers!" Tamayuki giggled delightedly to himself.

"I'll show you!"


"I love dinorawers mommy!"

"So long you stupid lid. I won't let you get the better of me."


"What are these for?" Even though Tamayuki liked his presents so far, he couldn't imagine what to do with them.

"Mommy is going to make you your own quilt to keep you warm because Daddy likes the house to be very cold."

"Is there anything else in here? That can't be all of it..."


"Tamayuki is going to open this one now."

"Woah!" Loosing his footing on the slick surface, the man tumbled headlong into the empty box.


"Ouch..."


Dolly struggled to right himself, continuing to go unnoticed by the distracted little boy.


"More fabric? Is it for more blankies?"

"Fabric? But the box had pictures of chocolates on it!" The startled statement was interjected with the occasional grunt.

"In this family Dolly, it's been a long known rule to never believe what is printed on the box. If the box never lied I would have had a LOT more strange gifts growing up."


"I like the cute owls. It is so fuzzy and it tickles my fingers."

A sigh comes from the box.


"Dolly, what are you doing in there?" Finally Tamayuki notices the trouble the little man is having.


"Tamayuki can help dolly get out."

"Thanks a lot." Slightly miffed from being left to struggle so long against the malicious container, the comment sounded sarcastic.


"That fabric is for a pair of flannel pajamas once I can get some patterns drafted for you Tamayuki."


"I have a slide! Weeeee!"

Tamayuki giggled at his dolly's antics.


"I love all of my presents!"

Reaching the end of his short slide, Dolly crashes into the box.


"Thank you whole bunches Mommy!"

"Ouch. I think I'm done now..."


"I love the dinorawrs, and I love you too Mommy."

"You make me so happy Tamayuki, how could any mommy not love you? Even if I could have all the cutest dinos possible, they still couldn't replace a single Tamayuki."

"Can I go to bed now? My dinorawers are sleepy."

"I think it's more like you just want to snuggle with them!" The pair dissolved into a fit of giggling as the mommy hugged her adorable little boy.
~~~~~

~Sister Kyoya

No comments:

Post a Comment