Wednesday, November 21, 2012

[Story] Have YOU seen my present?

(Originally posted April 17, 2012 on the Dollfie Dreams forums)


One Saturday afternoon, Tamayuki was enjoying watching people passing on the street, cats chasing each other in the yard, noisy cars zooming carelessly down the street. He thought it was fun to see, but was very happy that he was safely inside his quiet house.

Mommy: "See anything interesting out there Tamayuki?"

Tamayuki: "Its fun watching bunches of people go up and down our street, but I wish they could be more quiet about it. Even Dolly doesn't make as much noise as they do and he makes a lot." Tamayuki smiled when his mommy giggled.


Mommy: "Well, Dolly sure has the tendency to speak his mind... about everything. Do you need help tying the string on the side of your pants?"

Tamayuki: "No Mommy, boy clothes are supposed to be messy like that, I did it on purpose." He sounded convincing until he brushed off a piece of lint from his shirt. "All boys are messy."

Mommy: "Even ones that get presents?"

Tamayuki: "Do I get a present Mommy?"

Mommy: "Depends, can you find it?"


Tamayuki: "Rainie, Mommy said that I have a present, have you seen it?"

Rainie: "I would help you look for it Tama-chan but I still don't even have my arms. Mama should really get her priorities straight. Getting my body finished, making me lots of clothes that actually fit me, THEN she can go to school!" Rainie looks significantly at her mama, wiggling the eyebrows she doesn't have.

Tamayuki: "Don't worry Rainie, Mommy's trying her best for us. I know she hasn't forgotten because she worries about you." Tamayuki carefully gives his big sister a hug before searching some more for his present.


After much effort, and some climbing, Tamayuki found some more of his friends to ask.

Tamayuki: "Hello there Stumpkin guys. Did you see Mommy with a present? I'm looking for one."

Ralph: "Sorry Tamayuki, I've just been soaking in my teacup. Nope, haven't seen a thing."

Barney: "But I thought I saw..."

Gregie: "Shush Barney! Don't spoil the surprise."


Tamayuki: "Hmm, I still haven't found it Mommy. You are a good hider. Let's see, where haven't I looked yet?"


Tamayuki: "Did you buy me any new patterns? You have so many of them that one of them must be for me..."

Mommy: "Not yet dearheart, but you are getting closer!"


Tamayuki: "Nope, not in here either!"

Mommy giggled at Tamayuki's wiggling toes.


Tamayuki: "Whew, I've looked all over and I still can't find anything that looks like a present."

Dolly: "I know where it is! I know! I know!!" Dollie flailed around in excitement.


Tamayuki: "I found something Mommy! Is this my present?"

Mommy: "Yay, you found him!"

Dolly: "Look, I got a new truck too! Now I can race it around and bash it into things, and play with it in the dirt! Can we go outside now?"


Tamayuki: "Where did you find my present Mommy? He's little just like me and Dolly."

Mommy: " I saw him in the store and he looked kinda sad. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he wanted a nice little boy to be his owner, just as long as he wouldn't poke him or step on him. I thought he would be perfect for you."

Dolly: "Vroom...VROOM!"


Tamayuki: "He's just the right size for hugs. I think I will call him Perry. After all that searching, its time for a nap."

Dolly: "Trucks are good for hugging too!"

Tamayuki: "Thank you Mommy."

Dolly: "Yah, thanks."

Mommy: "You're welcome boys. Have a good nap."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I finally had a chance to get this story posted! I hope you guys enjoy it. Perry has been around for quite some time now but I didn't want to show him off and spoil the surprise. Perry is the name of a peanut variety, according to Wikipedia, but it was just too cute! Currently he is laying in Tama's bed holding onto a Totoro plushie (from a keychain) that fits perfectly!

~Sister Kyoya

No comments:

Post a Comment