Monday, December 24, 2012

[Story] Birthday Surprise

(Originally posted September 20th, 2012 on the Dollfie Dreams forums)


Yuriko: "Ok, we have the cake but I couldn't find any candles so we will just go without it. Did the present get wrapped?"

Tamayuki: "Mommy said she would do it."

Dolly: "What, no candles? How are we going to light it on fire?"


Yuriko: "Don't forget that we are going to sing Happy Birthday."

Tamayuki: "Can I pretend I'm singing it on Lego Rock Band? I don't get so nervous that way."

Yuriko: "That's fine Tama-chan, but you don't have to raise your hand, you're not in school."

Dolly: "The Dudester is gonna be so impressed with my manly voice he will give me a metal or something."


Everyone: "SURPRISE!" *the whole family sings Happy Birthday*

Naiomi: "Oh my!"


Naiomi: "It even has a rose on it in my favorite color. It is so pretty! thank you everyone. I was just going to watch old movies today, I wan't expecting a cake or anything."

Yuriko: "Do you really think we wouldn't do anything for your birthday? Silly girl."

Tamayuki: "It's even a special store bought cake!"

Dolly*whispers to Tama* "When do we get to eat it?"


Naiomi: "Even a present? It's huge! The fabric is really pretty and I can think of a few costumes to make with it..."

Yuriko*quietly chants* "Open, open, open..."

Dolly: "I can help you open it really fast!"

Tamayuki: "Dolly, it's not your present, and I think she would like to see what it is before you do."


Naiomi: "What in the world is this..."

Yuriko & Tamayuki: *giggle*

Dolly: "I know! I could make a big parachute out of it and..."


Naiomi: "A sewing machine? I've never had one that was just for me!"

Mommy: "I have been saving it for quite a while now. It came from one of Grandma's friends that she has known since she was Tamayuki's age and they found it when she moved. It was made in 1953 so it should last you a long time."

Daddy: "Maybe you can even help me learn to sew when Mommy is busy with her classes." *laughs*

Yuriko: "There is an instruction book in here with some other stuff..."

Tamayuki: "Yay!" *claps happily*

Dolly*muffled shouts come from the pile of fabric as tiny legs flail around.*


Naiomi: "I'm so happy I don't know what to say." *starts to tear up*

Yuriko: "Your not supposed to cry on your birthday little Sis. Trust me, you'll get used to being adopted because we all love you and know how special you are." *hugs*

Tamayuki: "Dolly, are you getting into trouble again?"

Dolly: "Get me out before the fabric eats me!"


Yuriko: "And besides, with Mama going back to school next week, I'll need someone around to make me more clothes. Daddy is getting much better but there is lots of things he can't do yet. I'm sure Mama would let you use some of the fabric she has."

Dolly: "And someone needs to make me something that can actually be called pants. These things are puketastic."

Naiomi: "So many costumes I can make..." *gets a goofy wistful grin spreading across her face*

Tamayuki: "Dolly, we didn't give Naiomi her present so she can make things for everyone else."


Yuriko: "Let's see... We can start on a few more shirts before starting in to my winter wardrobe. I totally have to have an adorable snow bunny outfit! Sure I don't know how to ski, but I would be too cute! Then there is a sleigh ride outfit if I ever get invited to one. My Christmas dress is going to need a ton of fabric, something that I could also wear to the Oscars. For New Years, let's see... ohmygosh, I can finally have a dress to die for! But then what do I wear for Valentines Day? Would Sprout like me better in red and pink, red and white, or white and pink? Oh no, what do I wear for Thanksgiving? I'm surely not going to wear anything out of Daddy's turkey fabrics or anything that makes me look like a pilgrim. I think Mama still has some cranberry colored fabric stashed away..."

Tamayuki*starts to get upset* "Yuriko, Naiomi should get to make some stuff she wants to, not having you demanding she make you stuff. You are just being a big meanie! You're supposed to be nice on people's birthday."

Naiomi: "It's alright Tama-chan and thank you for caring so much. Yuroko isn't trying to be mean and I know that."

Dolly: "Now, how does this thing work?"


Yuriko: "Does she have orange trim? I think so. Cranberries and oranges, yum... I'm getting hungry. Silly me, I totally forgot that we made hamburgers for dinner! I better go and finish getting that ready."

Tamayuki: "I just want you to have a really great birthday Naiomi. I even saved a special hug just for you."

Naiomi: "A Tama-chan hug? That's my second favorite present right after Tama snuggles!" *giggles* "It makes me really happy that anyone remembered my birthday. And even if Yuriko does get overexcited, she still knows that I still go to high school and will have homework just like Mama. At least I think Yuriko remembers..."

Dolly: "This doohickey is connected to this other one..."


Dolly: "Hey wait carrot top, do we get real hamburgers, not those soy encrusted mushroom and grain things your parents think are edible? A real man like me has to eat meat!"

Yuriko: "Naiomi and I are going to eat all the hamburgers ourselves Stumpy McAcornbrains. Everyone else has veggie patties to eat. You're Tama's friend, you should know he doesn't like hamburgers."

Mommy: "Yuriko, there is plenty enough hamburgers to share with Dolly if he wants them. I think you girls would get sick if you ate all of them in a single meal anyways."

*Dolly grins triumphantly at Yuriko*

Tamayuki: "...and then just fold it one more time and it will be all nice again."

Naiomi: "Mama, could we send a thank you to the two little elves on the forums who helped me get home in time for my birthday? Being a foreign exchange student was loads of fun and I really loved London, but it doesn't beat being home."

Mommy: "I'm sure they would like that."


*Later that evening...*


Naiomi: "Let's watch White Christmas next. It has Rosemary Clooney and Danny Kaye in it and I like them a lot. It also has Bing Crosby in it too but I don't like him as well because he's kinda boring."

Tamayuki: "Can we watch Christmas movies in September?"

Naiomi: "Yes, because it's my birthday." *laughs*

Dolly: "BING? That can't be his real name. Who would be daft enough to name a kid BING??"

*Yuriko grew tired of the marathon of musicals and fell asleep.*

No comments:

Post a Comment